More Funky Lights

More polaroid lights

I took some more Palaroids recently for my Polaroid Lights project. As with the previous photos, these Polaroids were made with multiple exposures of a point source of light in a dark room, some of them long exposures with camera movement, and others stationary. Focus and distance to the light source were also varied.

These photos are not of a Christmas tree, as before, however, but of 'On' lights on electronic devices. The red is from a surge protector, and the green light featured prominently here is on a computer speaker.

I liked funky effect so much after the first time so much that I just had to find some other lights to use the technique on. I love how the different lights create and entirely different look with the same technique. The Christmas tree pictures have a decidedly festive feel, while these have more of a cool techno feel.

The second picture from the bottom even has lines reminiscent of sound waves -- appropriate since the green light is on a speaker!

Now I'm addicted, and looking for my next fix. If I see some interesting lights in a dark room I'm going to pull out my Polaroid and fire away!



More polaroid lights

More polaroid lights

More polaroid lights

No comments: