Fall Waterfalls

Linville Falls
Linville Falls on October 23, 2012.

I've been suffering from a bit of nature deficit disorder as of late, so over the past few weeks I set out to remedy the situation with some hiking around the North Carolina mountains.

I re-connected with an old hobby of mine, namely photographing waterfalls and chasing fall foliage color. All the places I went to were favorite spots of mine, but it's been a while since I've payed them a visit. It was like meeting an old friend I hadn't seen in years. 

Incidentally, I also did in fact meet an old friend I hadn't seen in years. One of my roommates from Brevard College was out fly fishing below Tripple Falls and we met up afterwards in Brevard to catch up.  

Despite going to school in the area for four years, there are still a lot of trails I haven't ridden, falls I havent photographed and rocks I haven't climbed. 

My next trip will probably be with a bike rather than a camera, but I have some plans in the works to explore some of the more remote areas that aren't as over-loved as the falls pictured here. The next waterfall photos I post may be of Windy Falls on the Horsepasture. Stay tuned.



Hooker Falls
Hooker falls in DuPont State Forest on Monday October 29, 2012. 
High Shoals Falls
Lower part of High Shoals Falls in South Mountains State Park on Thursday October 25, 2012. 
Triple Falls 2
The middle drop of Triple Falls in DuPont State Forest, above and below, on Monday October 29, 2012. 
Triple Falls 1

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Full Shows and Matches