Imperial Mill

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
(Click on image to advance slideshow)

I recently took some time to stroll through the abandoned and gutted Imperial Mill building in Belmont. At over 100 years old, it's one of the oldest in the area, but demolition will continue if no one steps up to redevelop the site soon.

I was assigned to go take picture of this mill and one other in Belmont when demolition work began several months ago, but only had time to get a few shots of each. This is a large mill, and I wanted to go back and wander around exploring a little more.

As luck would have it, I procrastinated until I went into work one day and had an assignment to get more pictures of the mill, and lots of time to do it. I would have gone back on my own time, but I can't complain about getting to do it on the clock.

No comments: